Portable and hidden home bars to stash that drank discreetly till the party gets started
There are many styles of home bars with varying capacities. Owning a home bar to stock great drinks easily accessible is the dream of people who take pleasure in drinking a good libation or entertaining guests over a bottle. If wet bars in full view are not appealing to you, you can go with portable or hidden home bars. These hold your wine, beer, liquors, and spirits discreetly, ready for you when you want to have a drink.
1. Howard Miller Sonoma Hide-A-Bar Wine Cabinet
This is a fine piece of bar equipment finished in cherry wood. The vintage and classic look gives a rugged, old-fashioned, and timeless elegance. A wooden stemware rack keeps wine glasses at easy reach, and right by it is an upper fixed shelf for holding glasses and tumblers.
The interesting aspect of this bar is the auto-on-light that turns on automatically when the door is left open, serving you as a reminder to shut it! When you close it, it shows its approval by turning it off.
On the inside, you can store up to 22 wine bottles on the wine rack. This is room enough for all your alcohol and liquor storage. The entire loveliness of this piece is reflected in the glass mirror on the upper cabinet.
Some of the key features of Howard Miller Sonoma Hide-A-Bar are:
- Cherry Bordeaux finish
- Locking door for added security that opens a full 180 degrees
- Adjustable floor levelers give stability
- Auto-on-light to intimate when the door is left open
- 22-wine bottles rack storage capacity
- Laminated pull-out shelves
- A couple of drawers for additional storage
- Plentiful counter space
- A power strip outlet in the center shelf allows you to operate small appliances
- Measures: 23 x 43 x 75 inches
- Weighs: 149 kilograms
2. Safavieh Bar Cabinet
This cabinet, made of wood, gives you a piece of furniture to store your barware without looking like a wood finish. The solid wood material is accented with linen and leather and perfectly suited for a living room, den, family room, or even a home library.
With the classic look of a British steamer trunk, this bar cabinet, on opening, reveals a wine and liquor cabinet hidden discreetly. It is well built, durable, and does not require any assembly! You can move it around from one room to another, thanks to the casters on the folding doors.
Two drawers, a glass rack, and the cabinet and door shelf space give you compact storage for all your barware. Compact, and snug, you can store around 10 bottles in this cabinet.
Some of the key features of the Safavieh Bar Cabinet are:
- Retro and classic look due to the combination of leather, wood, and linen
- Easy portability
- Requires no assembly
- Well-built and sturdy
- Compact storage
- Finished with reinforced corners with brass nail heads for added stability
- Measures: 23.62 x 17.72 x 42.13 inches
- Weighs: 48 pounds
3. Winsome Bar and Serving Cart
This mini bar is all about portability, mobility, and effortless access to your favorite liquor. It also gives you the means to serve your guests in style! Made of composite wood in a dark Espresso finish, it is elegance and style personified.
You can place it compactly in the dining room or kitchen corner to whip up your favorite cocktail or pour yourself a drink. It has 3 levels of shelves. You can put up your bottles on the open shelf and use the remaining two shelves to store your barware tools like glasses, corkscrews, jiggers, blenders, shakers, and more.
The whole unit is easily assembled, and you can store up to 6 bottles of wine in this cart. Additional functional features include a towel rack, a drawer, a built-in hanging glass rack, and a closed cabinet.
Some of the key features of Winsome Bar and Kit are:
- Made of solid wood
- Some assembly is required
- Features a wine bottle holder, two open shelves, a drawer, and a closed cabinet
- The top-level surface is ideal for doing the prep work and for serving drinks
- Features a towel holder
- Comes with removable casters
- Measures: 36 x 15 x 35 inches
- Weighs: 40 pounds
4. Winsome Newport Wine Storage
An excellent entertaining and storage system. Expand the fold-out leaves when you are entertaining guests and fold them down to store compactly. Made of solid, composite wood, it has a dark walnut finish.
Once you assemble this unit, you will see a stemware holder, a 9-bottle wine rack, an accessories drawer, three rows of hanging wine glasses, and an open shelf.
Some key features of Winsome Newport Wine storage unit are
- This is an expandable wine bar that can be folded to put away compactly.
- Made with solid composite wood with a dark walnut finish
- Assembly is required
- Features a drawer for storing bar accessories
- Comes with a glass rack hanger, an open shelf, and a wine rack for storing 9 wine bottles
- Measures: 50 x 17.87 x 40.16 inches
- Weighs: 75 pounds
5. GoPlus Globe Wine Bar Stand
Have you seen Globe bars in the older movies? Very popular back in the day, you can use this replica to showcase your favorite wine, scotch, or whiskey and keep it handy to take a glass when you want to.
A simple and portable bar that you can roll around the house, you can “hide” two or three bottles in the globe, along with a few glasses. You can place more bottles and glasses on the bottom shelf. This part is not hidden, however. This flat surface can also be used to set glasses and pour your drink easily.
Beautiful yet practical, it is made from superior gumwood.
Some key features of the GoPlus Globe Wine bar stand are:
- Stylish and practical, with classic 16th-century Italian charm
- Made from a combination of wood and plastic
- Smooth-rolling casters help you to move it around easily and noiselessly.
- Features 4 rooms and 2 shelves for wines and cups of different size
- Measures: 27.5 x 17.7 x 34.6 inches
- Weighs: 8.8 pounds
6. Crosley Lafayette Folding Bar
This expandable bar cabinet has raised panel doors that open. Along with the tops that fold out, it expands to twice its serving space. The finish is gorgeous with solid hardwood and wood veneer.
Functional, aesthetically appealing, and durable, you can also save a lot of space. The center cabinet features 16 bottle wine storage and a utility drawer for storing accessories and tools. There is also the hanging glass rack for stemware storage. Plus, it has plenty of extra space for a variety of other barware.
Some key features of the Crosley Lafayette Folding Bar are:
- The expandable bar is ideal for entertaining and saving space
- Lovely finish with solid hardwood and wood veneer
- Built to last
- Store around 20 liquor and wine bottles
- Features a drawer and hanging stemware
- You have 3 foot options
7. Southern Enterprises Fold Away Bar Cabinet
Slightly smaller than other cabinets on the list, it is an affordable option that blends beautifully and seamlessly with any home decor. This is the perfect hideaway bar that you can place in your dining room or kitchen.
It is made of hardwood, wood veneer, and MDF, so don’t expect it to last for years together. Compact, there is enough room to store your wine or beer bottles and other spirits. You can stand it against the wall for added support.
This is a fold-away bar with 6 shelves for displaying bottles and glassware, with two drawers for storing other barware items. The warm, inviting walnut finish is an elegant option and a better alternative than storing drinks on your kitchen counter or cabinets.
Some of the key features of the SEI Fold Away Bar Cabinet are:
- Rather affordable
- Can fit into small spaces
- Made with a combination of hardwood, wood veneer, and MDF
- Comes with six shelves, two drawers, and two compartment shelves
- Measures: 13.75 x 22 x 40 inches
- Weighs: 65 pounds
8. Home Source Corner Bar
This corner bar can be a lovely addition to your living or dining room. Home Source comes with a variety of models to store your beverages, glasses, and other accessories. Made of iron with oak wood finish, it is durable, and the quality is impeccable.
This stylish and fashionable cabinet features mirrored walls that evoke a bar-like atmosphere. You can comfortably store 4-5 wine bottles in it and access them easily.
Some of the special features of Home Source Corner Bar are:
- Made with maple wood veneers in a warm mahogany finish
- Can store around 4 wine bottles
- Lovely and appealing, it can be a great decor for your living or dining room.
- Features a variety of shelving space options
- Measures: 31.5 x 73.23 x 23.6 inches
- Weighs: 111 pounds
9. Target Bar Cabinet
The sleek, contemporary design makes this an irresistible option. This is a multi-functional piece that you can use as your home bar and also be used for storage for Accent Home Decor or Books.
Practical, lightweight, durable, and easy to assemble, it is made of quality MDF and Solid Wood with a tempered glass finish.
Some of the special features of Target Bar Cabinet are:
- It showcases 2 cabinets, 1 shelf, and 4 bottle wine rack
- It is made with high-quality MDF and solid wood
- Designed to last for several years
- Effortless assembling
- Practical, multi-functional, and lightweight
- Contemporary and sleep design; works great as a decor
- Measures: 45 x 15 x 31 inches
- Weighs: 64 pounds
10. Monarch Specialties Home Bar
If you want a unique design for your home bar, go with Monarch Ladder-style home bar. It features a felt linen drawer accented with a silver metal drawer pull. Plus, you get a place to hang up to a dozen small wine glasses, a shelf space ideal for whipping up your favorite cocktails, and a wine rack that can store up to 15 wine bottles. You can store your bar accessories in the single drawer on the cabinet.
Some of the key features of the Monarch Specialties Home Bar are:
- 4 fixed open shelves
- Bottle storage availability with up to 15 bottles of storage space
- Suspended stem glass holder that come with wide openings
- A single drawer for storing bar accessories
- Measures: 24 x 15.75 x 60 inches
- Weighs: 73 pounds
We have featured 10 of the best home bars on this list. Most of them are easily portable, and you can move them around from one room to another as you fancy. All of them are crafted to hide the contents within the cabinets. Some of them work great as decor too. Depending on your taste, storage requirement, budget, and space availability choose one from the list and keep the drinks flowing all year long!