To keep those dranks just the way you love: chilled and non-diluted!
There is nothing like a cold beverage on a sweltering hot day! Ice cube trays in the 50s were made of stainless steel, but plastic took over a decade later. In the 80s, trays with lids started appearing, and towards the beginning of the 2000s, silicone trays made their entry. It may be a tough task to pick an ice cube tray from the innumerable options. These molds make cubes that make cubes of different shapes and sizes.
To make it easy for you, we have rounded up a dozen of the best ice cube trays in the market. So, buy one, get those little or big chunks into your drink, and enjoy a cold one on us!
1. Editor’s Choice: Glacio Ice Cube Trays
The best ice cube tray overall for large square and spherical ice
Creates: 6 giant cubes a shade under 2 inches in square and spherical shapes
Measures: 7.25 x 5 x 3.13 inches
Weighs: 5.7 ounces
Glacio’s ice trays can pop out 6 large ice cubes in squares of spherical shapes with ease. Made of BPA-free silicone, you can add a touch of class to your glass of whiskey, bourbon, or cocktail by adding the ice from these trays.
The simple design and the silicone construction make it easy to pop out ice cubes to add to your drinks. The silicone is high-quality and durable, so the chances of breaking the tray are next to impossible as you twist a little to get the ice out.
The large ice cubes allow you to get inventive. You can use the cubes to chill and refresh your cold beverages or even create popsicles out of your fruit juices. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe, glacio also offers a money-back guarantee on this set of 2 trays, one is a sphere, and the other is square-shaped.
- Pair of trays in 2 shapes for 2 ice-shapes – sphere and square
- Makes a dozen ice cubes in all
- Made with BPA-free and durable silicone
- Allows you to get creative with your drinks
- You get two different ice shapes in one pack
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Made with food-grade safe materials
- Durable and does not break with use
- Adds a touch of creativity to your drinks
- The spherical shaped tray seems to lack design integrity.
2. Tovolo Sphere Ice molds
For the colossal spherical cubes for your cocktails and whiskeys
Creates: 2.25-inch cubes
Measures: 3.5 x 3.5 x 6.5 inches
Weighs: 8.4 ounces
Tovolo Sphere Ice mold trays make colossal 2.25 inches ice cubes that are perfect for your highball glasses. These cubes melt oh-so-slowly to keep your drink from watering down and diluting. The tight-fitting lids not only prevent odors but stack up easily and compactly.
Made with plastic, these trays are BPA-free, durable, and dishwasher safe. Take note to freeze only for 4 hours for that perfect spherical shape your cocktail or whiskey is longing for!
- Over-sized, slow-melting ice
- Tight lids prevent odors from entering in
- Can be staked conveniently
- Durable and made with MPA-free food-grade materials
- Dishwasher safe
- Humungous ice cubes are perfect for your cocktails, coffee, tea, and many beverages
- Keeps drinks cold and refreshed longer as the cubes are slow melting
- No more diluted and watered-down drinks
- Easy to clean and maintain
- It is made of plastic, so it may break and cause leaks.
3. OMORC Ice Cube Trays
For easy use overall and great value for money
Creates: 14 cubes in 1 tray, 56 in all
Measures: 9.8 x 3.8 x 1.9 inches
Weighs: 6.4 ounces
OMORC comes as a pack of 4 ice cube trays, each of which can hold 14 ice cubes and feature removable lids to eliminate nasty odors and prevent spills. They stack up easily too. Moreover, the trays are made of flexible silicone material making it easy to pop the cubes out.
You can use these in more ways than one. Apart from making ice for your drinks, you can also fill the molds with fruits, ice cream, soda, and wine. The green color is fun and vibrant, and the trays are made of BPA-free silicone build to last for years! Plus, they are easy to clean and dishwasher safe. One of the best aspects is that it is super affordable!
- Can keep your drinks chilled all day long as they can hold 54 ice cubes in the 4 trays
- Features a removable lid
- Can be stacked effortlessly
- Made with BPA-free and flexible silicone
- Large capacity
- Saves space
- Ice cubes can be popped out effortlessly without twisting and turning
- Durable, dishwasher safe, and affordable
- The rectangular cubes are smaller than traditional ice cubes.
4. Adoric Ice Cube Trays
Great for cocktails!
Creates: 2 molds, one for 2-inch cubes and the other for ice balls
Measures: 6.81 x 5.04 x 3.19 inches
Weighs: 12:6 ounces
Two different ice options in one set are always great to mix things around! This set features two molds: one for crafting 1.8-inch ice balls and the other one for creating 2-inch ice cubes. Both these are perfectly suited for drinks like cocktails and whiskeys, where slow dilution of ice makes the drink more enjoyable.
Made with 100% food-grade silicone, these trays are durable and BPA-free. Moreover, they are easy to clean, use, fill, and release!
- 2 different ice shapes in one set
- Suited for strong drinks where slow dilution is desirable
- Made with food-grade silicone
- Durable and BPA-free
- The ice cubes melt a lot slower than typical cubes
- Durable as it is made of silicone
- The sphere cubes can be tricky to make
5. Budget-Friendly: Arrow Ice Cube Tray
For the super easy and effortless ice cubes release
Material: Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Plastic
Creates: 60 mini ice balls, 180 overall
Measures: 10.75 x 4 x 3 inches
Weighs: 7 ounces
Arrow Ice Cube tray comes as a set of 3, each of which can hold 60 pebble-like ice cubes. The best part of these trays is that it takes only a simple twist for cubes to fall right out of the tray. They can be put into sports bottles, soda bottles, and even blenders.
You can enjoy these fast-melt cubes in your cocktails and kids in their fruit juices. Made with BPA-friendly plastic, these trays are durable, break-resistant, and dishwasher safe.
- Made of BPA free food-safe polypropylene material
- Can hold 60 small round ice cubes in a tray
- The ice cube mold is designed for easy ice cube release
- Large capacity can hold 180 mini cubes in the 3 trays!
- Durable and break-resistant
- Dishwasher safe
- The cubes can be fit into water bottles, sports bottles, and soda bottles
- Trays are sturdy
- Trays don’t stack easily as advertised.
6. niceCube Mini Ice Cube Trays
Great for small crushed ice
Creates: 2 trays each of which makes 160, 1 cm ice cubes; 320 overall
Measures: 9.5 x 4.75 x 0.4 inches
Weighs: 3.68 ounces
niceCube ice trays come in a pack of 2, each of which makes 160 small ice cubes of 1 cm each. These small square ice cubes are great for crushed ice, coffee, smoothies, frappuccinos, hard candy, and chocolate bites. They also fit water bottles and soda bottles.
Back from your morning job and can’t wait for a chilled drink to refresh you? No problem. These cubes freeze super fast, and once you pop them into your juice, it will chill it fast too!
Made with high grade, BPA free silicone, it is flexible like rubber! To remove the cubes, it is recommended you tilt the mold upside down and bend it back and roll out the cubes.
- Set of 2 trays, each can create 160 1 cm ice cubes
- The cubes freeze quickly
- Made with high-grade BPA-free silicone
- Plenty of ice cubes
- You can enjoy a chilled beverage anytime as the cubes freeze fast and the drinks get chilled quickly
- The cubes fit into water bottles
- Dishwasher safe and oven safe
- Great for juices, slushies, cocktails, tea, coffee, smoothies, chocolate bites, etc.
- The cubes can be hard to get out.
7. Rubbermaid Easy Release Ice Cube Tray
A simple, no-frills tray for easy ice-removal
Creates: 16 in a tray, 2 trays so 32 rectangular cubes overall
Measures: 12.5 x 1.7 x 4.8 inches
Weighs: 0.8 ounces
There is nothing amazing about the design or look of this no-fuss ice cube trays. But the last for years and the ice cubes are easy to pop out. Tilt them over, and you will have a few cubes fall out on their own accord. Twist a bit to get the rest out easily.
- Rectangular ice cubes
- Made of plastic
- You don’t have to push to get the ice out.
- A handful of users got the wrong orders delivered
- Smaller cubes in comparison to other trays
8. Lekue Ice Box
A portable cooler that staches ice when you want a chilled drink
Creates: 4 trays stores 132 ice cubes
Measures: 8.9 x 4.9 x 4.6 inches
Weighs: 1 pound
This portable cooler can hold up to 132 ice cubes in its 4 trays. The box is made with BPA-free ABS plastic with a hollow base to prevent condensation. The lid is made of thick, resistant silicone, which makes it easy to handle. An air chamber provides insulation to keep the ice chilled no matter the climate outside. Enjoying a cocktail party outdoors? Just take these to your back patio and pop the ice cubes into your drink!
- Comes with 4 trays to make 132 ice cubes
- The container is made with BPA-free plastic
- Air chamber gives insulation to keep the cubes chilled and prevents odors
- Aesthetically appealing
- Lovely for table-side presentation
- Portable cooler
- Can make a whopping 132 ice cubes
- No condensation design
- Easy to handle and carry
- Air chamber prevents odors and keeps the cubes chilled even in warmer weathers
- Occupies a lot of space
- A dozen users complained of weird ice taste and tray taste with time
9. W&P Peak Silicone Everyday Ice Tray with Protective Lid
Great for large ice cubes!
Creates: 12-1.25 inches cubes
Measures: 7.63 x 5.63 x 1.63 inches
Weighs: 8.4 ounces
This is a silicone tray from the eco-friendly brand W&P. It crafts a dozen ice cubes measuring 1.25 inches each. These give your drinks the perfect chill and slow dilution. The perimeter is rimmed with a silicone steel interior to provide strength and rigidity. So you will no longer have to worry about messy spills from your labor from the sink to the freezer.
Each compartment is individually molded, so you can pop out a single cube if required without having to twist and turn the tray. It comes with a lid that will keep your ice fresh without the freezer odors.
- Made from BPA-free and lead-free high-grade Silicone
- Makes 12 ice cubes of 1.25 inches each
- Gives ultimate chillness to your drinks
- Slow dilution of the ice cubes
- No cracking of trays
- Easy pop out of ice
- Features a lid to keep ice free of freezer odors
- Several other shapes of ice available from the same brand, including crushed ice and thin spears
- Also comes as a set of 2 or 4 (sold separately)
- A stabilized internal steel frame makes it easy to fill and transfer trays to the freezer without spills
- A dozen large cubes
- Individually molded compartments
- Slow dilution of cubes in drinks
- Trendy and sleek design
- No-spills transfer from the sink to freezer
- Comes in several interesting colors like Charcoal, Marble Black, Peak Blue, Speckled Pink, and more.
- Features a lid, but it is not attached. It does not snap into place to provide sealing.
10. Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Mold Trays
The Ultimate Silicone Ice Cube Tray
Creates: 2 trays, each creates 15 -1.25 inches ice cubes, overall 30 square cubes
Measures: 4.5 x 7.12 x 1.5 inches
Weighs: 5.6 ounces
Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Mold Trays does indeed create those perfect 1.25-inch ice blocks for your juices, smoothies, cocktails, coffee, and more. It is made with durable, fade-resistant silicone that lasts through many freezing cycles yet does not brittle or discolor. With silicone, you can remove as many or as few ice cubes as you want without it putting up or fighting or offering resistance. Push upwards along the bottom of the compartments to pop out the ice cubes. The food-grade silicone will not alter or affect the taste of your ice either.
Although dishwasher-safe, it is recommended to wash them by rinsing them with water and vinegar every few days.
- The sturdy silicone construction makes 15-1.25 inches ice blocks
- Silicone tray releases the ice nice and easy
- Food-grade silicone is BPA-free
- Fade-resistant trays that will not brittle or discolor
- Makes large ice cubes
- No flavor transfer to the cubes
- Comes in 9 attractive and vibrant colors, including Candy Apple, Capri Blue, Fuchsia, Ice Blue, Orange Peel, Spring Green, Vivid Violet, and more.
- It does not come with a lid
- Ice cubes tend to stick to the trays are difficult to remove
11. OXO Good Grips No-Spill Ice Cube Tray
Best leak-proof, no-spill lid
Creates: 14 rectangular ice cubes
Measures: 1 x 5.88 x 14.31 inches
Weighs: 8.8 ounces
If you have plenty of frozen vegetables and fruits in your fridge and need to accommodate an ice tray, you have to make space to keep them level. This little hassle can be eliminated when you go for an OXO no-spill tray. This tray comes with a sealable silicone lid, so you can carry your trays from the sink to the freezer and encounter no spills in your journey. They can be kept in an angular tilt if your freezer is crowded, and still, you won’t be encumbered by spills!
The lid does not allow the cubes to absorb unpleasant freezer odors. You can remove and wash them in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- No-leak, no-spill tray
- Makes 14 rectangular ice cubes
- Comes with a super-functional sealed lid
- Comfortable handle for a firm grip while filling the tray and carrying it to and from the freezer
- The lid is top-rack dishwasher-friendly
- The sealed lid provides for angular storage in a crowded freezer
- Easy to fill and store without spills and leaks
- Cubes can be taken out easily
- Opposed to what the brand advertises, quite a handful of users reported problems with spills and unpleasant odors.
- The lid can be tricky to get off the freezer.
12. Onyx Ice Cube Trays
It is the best stainless steel ice cube tray
Material: 18/8 stainless steel
Creates: 18 square ice cubes, each measuring 1.5 x 2 inches
Measures: 11.25 x 5 x 2 inches
Weight: 1.2 pounds
This old-school tray made from stainless steel provides great durability. Moreover, it will not absorb any unpleasant freezer odors. So you can freeze juices, soups, and even mashed baby food, and when you take them out, they will taste like they are supposed to.
This tray makes 18 large cubes. It may not have the flexibility of silicone molds. But the stainless steel handle in the middle makes the ice cubes extraction process easy. Once your ice is frozen, all you need to do is overturn the handles, remove the dividers, and the ice cubes will jump out.
Since the cubes are large, you won’t be faced with water meltdowns that may ruin a cocktail or a good old-fashioned!
- Made with durable 18/8 stainless steel
- Stainless steel trays do not absorb unpleasant freezer odors
- Does not impart any flavor to your drinks
- Makes 18 large cubes
- Features a handle in the center and dividers
- Vintage, old-school ice cube tray design
- Extremely durable
- Fun removal of ice
- No dilution of your favorite cocktail or other beverages because larger ice takes longer to melt
- Does not come with a lid
- Expensive than other options in silicone or plastic
- Have to wait until ice cubes are partially melted, or run the cubes under warm water to loosen them.
Final Icy touch!
There are few things to keep in mind before you buy an ice tray. Let us recap those!
Trays that allow you to pop out ice easily and do not impart any flavors or odors are desirable. Depending on whether you want concentrated drinks or undiluted drinks, you can choose the ice size!
You should consider the material. Ice cubes come in plastic and silicone, and there are a few stainless steel options too. Each has its own pros and cons. Plastics are durable and release ice easily, but they make cracks and impart odors or flavors to your cubes. Silicone is flexible and durable, but it may also absorb unpleasant freezer odors if you are not careful. Steel trays are durable, crack-resistant, and impart no odor or taste to the cubes. But, cube extraction can be a little tricky.
The size and shape of the cubes matter. Larger cubes melt slowly, so if you are not for watered-down drinks, go for trays that make large cubes. Small cubes melt quickly and are perfect for concentrated drinks like few fruit juices and iced coffee. Some make only half a dozen ice cubes, while there are options to make upward of a hundred cubes as well!
There are options for stackable trays, which lets you make more ice and also save freezer space.